Legal expertise for all your corporate and commercial transactions
The UAE and wider MENA region offers great opportunities for investors and global businesses alike. However, the nuances and complexities of working within the region require informed and experienced advice in order to analyse legal risks and execute transactions effectively. Our team is respected throughout the market for its ability to provide the sophisticated advice that clients expect from a leading global law firm whilst understanding the intricacies of the local market.
Our Corporate, M&A, and Commercial practice acts on some of the highest-profile transactions in the world. Working with some of the world's largest companies, investment banks, private equity firms and investors, we offer a full service – covering corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, equity capital markets, corporate governance and commercial work.
With support from our offices globally, we advise some of the biggest international and regional names on their corporate matters and some of their most innovative products and initiatives. We have significant experience in advising real estate, hospitality, retail, media, telecoms and IT companies on regional and international transactions.
Show moreShow less
Comprehensive legal advice
We offer a complete range of domestic and cross-border corporate law services. including:
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Middle East joint ventures
- Private Equity
- Cross-border M&A
- Equity capital markets
- Strategic alliances and group reorganisations
- Corporate governance
- Incentive plans for executives.
We specialise in complex commercial transactions assisting our clients at every stage of the project lifecycle to build commercial agreements that offer long-term value and clear drafting. Our commercial law experience includes:
- IT and e-commerce
- Outsourcing and managed services agreements
- Agency, distribution and franchising
- Hotel development agreements
- Marketing and advertising regulation, event sponsorship
- Privacy and data protection.
Key matters our team have worked on include acting for:
- A global education business on its entry into the China and Hong Kong markets.
- A european private equity house on the acquisition of a major regional IT company
- A London limited public company on its acquisition of oil and gas related assets for USD 350 million
- A state owned enterprise in the acquisition of a suite of oil and gas assets for USD 160 million
- A well-known private equity house on the UAE and Saudi Arabian aspects of the proposed acquisition of a global mining and manufacturing company.
"King & Wood Mallesons really impresses with a strong understanding of Middle East laws."