Expert advice on planning, construction and real estate law
Today, the global real estate market is moving faster than ever. With money flowing in and out of more and more locations you need a law firm that understands your mindset and helps you makes sense of local laws in the context of your own experiences. Our clients tell us that they value the way we combine legal advice with a pragmatic approach that will save you time and money, reduce risk and make your life easier.
Local expertise, global perspective
With the resurgence of the real estate market in Dubai, the UAE and across many parts of the Middle East, the region is once again offering a wealth of opportunities for property developers and investors.
We have experience advising on some of the largest and most challenging developments in the Middle East. So you can be confident that our real estate lawyers know what works and have the expertise and resources needed to move quickly, reduce your risk and save you money.
We offer a complete service to Middle East property investors looking to invest in real estate outside the region, as well as global investors looking to invest in property within the Middle East.
We have acted for a number of large and established property developers and investors in both the UAE, and the wider region. Our experience includes acting for:
- ALDAR in connection with the production of standard form sale and purchase agreements for use in connection with some of its major developments, as well as strategic commercial advice in relation to its ongoing property arrangements
- Tourism Development & Investment Company in relation to its retail letting arrangements on Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi
- Al Tayer Group in providing general strategic and commercial advice in connection with the company's real estate interests in the UAE
- Aabar Properties in relation to the real estate, construction and financing arrangements for several large scale projects in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and also in connection with several hotel deals in Dubai, representing Aabar as owner opposite brands such as Swissotel and Fraser Suites.
Show moreShow less
Strong foundations in Construction
A deep understanding of core construction risks is also essential for a law firm working in the region. Our construction team provides a seamless service from transaction management to project delivery. We cover all aspects of the construction process, including procurement strategies, contract negotiation/administration and dispute resolution.
Our planning and environmental team, based in London, has a thorough understanding of the existing and emerging urban planning and environmental frameworks in the UK, Europe, the UAE and beyond. They can give you the planning law expertise you need, wherever you are and wherever you are looking to build.
Advising investors, developers, contractors and others on real estate and construction law
We advise investors, developers, contractors, funders, engineers, managers and other participants in the Middle East on all aspects of planning, construction and real estate law. This includes:
- Deal structuring, site acquisitions and development agreements, lettings, asset management and disposals, with a particular emphasis on large projects and mixed-use schemes
- Commercial real estate
- Transactional property work including investment acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant transactions and the real estate aspects of property finance and corporate finance transactions
- Planning, masterplanning and environmental regulation
- Construction procurement
- Tendering and competition procedures
- Private finance initiative (PFI) and public-private partnership (PPP) concession agreements
- Construction main contracts, both bespoke and based on all standard UK forms
- Bespoke and standard form international contracts including International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC), Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE), Project Management Consultancy (PMC), engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM).