The real deal
Our first-class Corporate, M&A, and Commercial practice acts on some of the highest-profile transactions in the world. Working with some of the world’s largest companies, investment banks, private equity firms and investors, we offer a full service – covering corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate governance and commercial work.
After several years of disruption caused by the global economic crisis, Spain is now one of the most stable countries in Europe, offering new opportunities for international investors. Our corporate law team in Spain will advise you on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) law, domestic and cross-border investment structuring, capital markets and other issues of commercial law.
Achieve your business objectives
We always focus on your business objectives. So our corporate lawyers work closely with our teams in competition, litigation, bankruptcy, financial, tax and employment to analyse and minimise risk throughout all your business activities.
We advise listed and private companies, financial institutions, industrial, commercial and services groups, private equity firms, investors and management teams on:
- Mergers and acquisitions, including the sale and purchase of shares, assets or branches of activity
- Strategic alliances and joint ventures, including joint venture agreements
- Shareholders' agreements
- Incorporation, corporate structures, and branches in Spain
- Corporate restructurings, mergers, spin-offs, segregations, dissolutions and liquidations
- Private equity and venture capital investments
- Secondary market acquisitions
- Public offerings of acquisition (OPA), emissions, securities sale and subscription, private placements
- Privatisations and initial public offerings (IPOs)
Show moreShow less
Our law firm’s experience in commercial, corporate, M&A and private equity law includes advising EDP Energías de Portugal on the IPO and listing of its Spanish renewable energy subsidiary, EDP Renováveis. We also advised Naturgas energy group on several investments and disinvestments related to gas transportation and distribution in Spain.
Other highlights include advising:
- Lion Capital on their investments in Alain Afflelou and ghd
- Corpfin Capital Real Estate on formalising a purchase option for the long-term lease of the Foster Tower in Madrid
- First State on the investment process and analysis for several assets in Spain.
"I was looking for a smaller firm so the deal would have the full attention it deserved, and it was perfect. The team was completely available and dedicated to the deal, something I didn't get from bigger firms."
Chambers & Partners