Our banking and finance team is widely recognised as one of the foremost practices in Italy, with outstanding expertise in structured finance, including real estate, property, acquisition, leveraged and corporate finance, as well as in debt restructuring and insolvency transactions.
Our banking and finance lawyers have a strong track record in working with major Italian and international financial institutions and corporations, with a particular focus on advising lenders on some of the most complex and innovative financing solutions and restructuring transactions.
We advise leading Italian-based and international banks, as well as both listed and non-listed companies, on a range of financial transactions. The areas of banking and finance law we advise on include:
- Property finance
- Acquisition finance
- Acquisition and disposal of distressed claims portfolios
- Debt restructuring
- Secured and unsecured financing
- Debt capital markets.
Show moreShow less
- Assistance to some of the leading Italian banks in the restructuring of the financial indebtedness of the real estate group led by Risanamento S.p.A., a company listed on the Italian stock exchange, for an aggregate amount higher than euro 3,000,000,000, in the context of the procedure under Article 182 bis of Italian Bankruptcy Law.
- Medium-long term facility granted by a pool of leading banks (including Banca IMI, Intesa Sanpaolo, UniCredit, Banco Popolare, Banca Popolare di Milano, Mediobanca and Société Générale – Milan branch) for an aggregate maximum amount equal to euro 275,000,000 in favour of Camfin, holding company of Pirelli & C., to support its financial needs.
- Assistance rendered to a pool of banks, including Banca IMI, Intesa Sanpaolo, UniCredit, Banca Popolare di Milano, Banca Popolare di Sondrio, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena, BPER, Centrobanca, Banca Popolare dell’Emilia Romagna and Banca Carige, in relation to the debt restructuring of Prelios, for an aggregate amount higher than euro 1,200,000,000.
- Advising De Agostini and DeA Partecipazioni in connection with facilities granted by leading financial institutions, including Mediobanca, Intesa Sanpaolo, UniCredit for an aggregate amount up to 900,000,000.
- Assistance on lenders side in relation to a medium and long term loan granted to Carlyle Real Estate SGR aimed at supporting the development of a prestigious real estate property located in downtown Milan.
- Assistance to Natixis S.A. in relation to two medium and long term mortgage facilities in favour of the closed-end real estate investment fund reserved to qualified investors called “Fondo Caravaggio”.
"Giancarlo Castorino is considered a respected banking and finance practitioner and is described by sources as a 'tough negotiator'."