The real deal
Our first-class Corporate, M&A, and Commercial practice acts on some of the highest-profile transactions in the world. Working with some of the world’s largest companies, investment banks, private equity firms and investors, we offer a full service – covering corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate governance and commercial work.
The best of local and global expertise
King & Wood Mallesons’ corporate law team in Italy combines extensive local knowledge and technical skill with the highest standards of international practice. We specialise in Italian and international mergers and acquisitions (M&A) – both public and private. And we also have substantial private equity experience backed by strong local finance, employment and tax expertise.
The Milan team is part of the firm's international private equity group, a network of highly skilled legal professionals from across the firm who bring key insights to transactions. As you would expect from a firm with deep roots in the industry, our clients include a raft of major names in private equity.
We advise Italian and non-Italian companies, investment banks, private equity houses, shareholder groups, boards of directors and individuals on a wide range of domestic and cross-border transactions – including:
- Company structures, business holdings and branches
- Strategic alliances and joint venture agreements
- Shareholder and investment agreements
- Purchase and sale of companies, assets, businesses and divisions
- Company restructuring, mergers, spin-offs, segregation, dissolution and winding-up
- Private equity and venture capital investments
- Secondary market acquisitions, direct investments and fund participations
- Leveraged buyouts
- Public-to-private transactions
- Company incorporation and governance protocols
- Bankruptcy and other insolvency procedures.
Highlights of our work in this area include advising:
- Coller Capital on the acquisition of 100% of share capital of MPVenture SGR.
- German private equity fund Finatem on the acquisition from Carraro Group of miniGears' Padua assets and MG Suzhou company’s shares.
- Xenon Private Equity on the structuring and implementation of co-investment with Roxe and Roccaforte in Eco Eridania.
- Xenon Private Equity on signing of a binding and conditional agreement for the acquisition of a minority stake of Sacom S.p.A.
- Brembana & Rolle on the acquisition of 100% shares of Villa & Bonaldi.
"Practice head Davide Proverbio gains praise from clients, who note that he is practical, knowledgeable and very commercial. He is more than just a legal adviser; he knows how to handle negotiations and difficult situations."