Providing the specialist legal expertise that acquisition and leveraged finance transactions demands
As leveraged and acquisition finance becomes more sophisticated and the credit providers more diverse, we provide the specialist legal advice you need to access the most appropriate source of funding to support your transaction. Our vast experience of advising clients across the full lending spectrum is complemented by our strength in and ability to draw upon the firm's extensive resources including M&A, tax, regulatory, corporate and real estate – as and when required.
We are the advisers of choice for cross-border transactions, including restructuring and secondary transactions, and have a long and successful track record advising investment banks, commercial banks, alternative credit providers, private equity houses, venture capitalists, trade buyers/corporates, funds and financial intermediaries.
Our acquisition and leveraged finance practice covers:
- Leveraged finance
- Public bids and public-to-private financing
- Recapitalisations / restructuring
- Bridge financing
- Senior, supersenior and junior capital
- Unitranches and private placements
- High Yield
- Asset based lendings for LBOs
- US term loan B / high yield financings.
Our global experience in leveraged and acquisition finance include acting for:
- Global private equity sponsors such as KKR, Blackstone, CVC, TPG and Carlyle or their financiers on significant leveraged buyouts, refinancings and/or bids in Australian including BIS Cleanaway, Nine Entertainment Group, Qantas, Coles Myer, Healthscope, TWE and DTZ
- Australian private equity sponsors such as PEP, CHAMP, Quadrant and Ironbridge or their financiers on significant buyouts, refinancings and/or bids in Australasia including Spotless, Link Market Services, Alleasing, APN Outdoor, Virtus, Estia and Bravura
- Various successful bid consortia or their financiers on significant privatisations/acquisitions such as the AUD 5.07 billion financing of NSW Ports’ bid for Port Botany and Port Kembla, the AUD 2.3 billion bid for Port of Brisbane, and Transurban-led consortium’s AUD $7 billion successful bid for Queensland Motorway
- China Development Bank on a €400 million term loan facility to Saurer Hong Kong Machinery Company Limited to finance the acquisition of the natural fibres and the textile components business of OC Oerlikon Corporation AG, Pfäffikon
- China Molybdenum Co. on the financing from China Development Bank for the AUD 820 million acquisition of Rio Tinto’s 80% participating interest in the Australian Northparkes Mine Joint Venture
- International banking syndicate and China Development Bank in the Alibaba Privatization Financing and Repurchasing of Yahoo’s Stake
- Lion Capital on the €975 million senior, high yield and bridge financing for the acquisition of Picard Surgelés, and senior note refinancing
- Boparan on the £715 million high yield funding, and related bridge financing, for their bid for Northern Foods
- Vnesheconobank on sponsor support arrangements of over US$2 billion regarding the financing of facilities for the 2014 Winter Olympics.
Show moreShow less
"Partners in the Banking & Finance department are extremely knowledgeable and senior associates are of high quality."
"Excellent team, particularly accomplished at mid-market details for a mix of borrowers and lenders."