Applying our deep market knowledge to manage corporate lending requirements
Accessing finance for business in the current volatile and competitive market can be uncertain terrain, even for experienced borrowers. To navigate the options, borrowers need commercial advice from advisers with a deep understanding of a variety of business sectors as well as the current constraints on corporate lending markets.
Whether you want to finance a new project, refinance, recapitalise or consolidate your corporate debt, our experienced team can provide bespoke advice for your current situation and desired loan structure. We have a wealth of experience advising on complex deals and arrangements in highly regulated environment, from jumbo loans to sovereign lending, public to privates to letters of credit transactions – we can support you on the full spectrum of corporate lending transactions.
Our clients include domestic and international banks financial institutions, state-owned enterprises, foreign-invested enterprises, private businesses, borrowers, arrangers, agents and participating lenders. The areas of corporate lending we cover include:
- Syndicated and bilateral loans
- Crossover credits
- Letters of credit, trade / receivables financings
- Acquisition finance, including public bids and high yield
- Bridge financing (including in relation to rights issues and capital markets issues)
- Sovereign lending
- Real estate financing
- Asset based lending / borrowing base facilities
- Junior debt and structured finance.
Show moreShow less
Our work highlights include acting for:
- JP Morgan on a dual-currency loan to Henan Tianrui Group Cement Co Ltd – the first ever dual-currency loan for an international lender to companies in mainland China with innovative finance and security structures
- Woolworths acting as Australian and English counsel on its “world first” AUD 400 million syndicated fronted bank guarantee facility backed by global insurers
- Origin Energy’s lead underwriting banks on its jumbo AUD 7.4 billion refinancing
- HK Electric on three-year HK$ 28.3 billion syndicated term loan facilities with HK$ 8.7 billion subject to HK Stock Exchange listing approval
- China ZhengTong Auto Services Holdings Limited on a US$ 50 million and HK$ 930 million facility from a Credit Suisse-led syndicate with a greenshoe facility of up to US$ 180 million
- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFG on a HK$ 3.2 billion construction loan to a subsidiary of Wheelock for the development of a residential site of 413,000 square feet located in the old Kai Tak Airport in Hong Kong
- Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited and Agricultural Bank Of China Limited Hong Kong Branch in the US$ 1 billion offshore syndicated loan to Nanjing CEC Panda FPD Technology Co., Ltd
- Hiscox Insurance on their US$ 825 million letter of credit and working capital financing
- Inchcape Shipping Services on a €150 million refinancing across 11 jurisdictions
- Multi Development N.V. on the refinancing of their €900 million corporate facility, involving a syndicate of 11 banks and its restructuring.
"They are one of the most influential and strongest teams in this sector."
"Combines its leading funds finance expertise with broader corporate lending experience."