A competition powerhouse
Competition, trade and regulatory laws are evolving all the time and their impact on business strategy is increasing. We offer expert competition and antitrust advice that will help you navigate the changing global market.
Across Europe, China and Australia, regulatory authorities are now exercising a broad range of powers to investigate commercial arrangements between competitors, distributors and suppliers, cartels, mergers, and abuses of dominant market positions. Companies are treading carefully preparing and planning ahead for impending regulatory reforms. It is now more important than ever to ensure that your competition law compliance affairs are in order.
Our international competition team comprises many highly-ranked and international recognised partners, providing advice on all aspects of competition, trade and regulatory law.
Our recent work highlights include advising:
- Universal Music Group in connection with its recent successful £900 million acquisition of EMI’s recorded music division from Citigroup, including successfully obtaining clearance from the European Commission and six other jurisdictions, for which we were awarded The Lawyer Competition Team of the Year 2013
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and 3G Capitals on the antitrust filing of its US$28 billion joint acquisition of Heinz Company, advising all parties in the merger filing of this deal, assisting clients with their communication with government agencies and obtaining clearance within short time frame
- Qihoo on in the abuse of dominance litigation against Tencent, the first antitrust case to be heard by the Highest People’s Court in China and one that had a significant impact on China antitrust civil litigation
- Flight Centre in Federal Court proceedings brought by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), alleging several attempts by Flight Centre to reach cartel agreements with Singapore Airlines, Emirates and Malaysia Airlines for on-line airfare prices
- Fyffes, as lead EU counsel, to secure a Phase 1 clearance from the European Commission for its recent merger with Chiquita Brands International, and as lead counsel for all merger filings outside the Americas.
"They are excellent at client care and keeping us informed. They really make you feel valued."
For insights from our Competition group, check out Red Tape.