Building Firm Foundations
We deliver the end-to-end solutions that give you all-important peace of mind on major urban renewal projects, developments and redevelopments.
It’s our ability to think across the full spectrum of a project that sets us apart – from clearing the planning and approvals process, right through to funding, construction and leasing.
It means our development lawyers are always several steps ahead, considering the issues likely to arise, the effect one decision may have on another part of a project and, most importantly, helping to resolve these issues and challenges before they become a problem.
What this means for our clients – whether it be developers, sponsors, financiers, contractors or tenants - is that the journey to project completion is less risky, more cost-effective and, overall, a seamless process.
Show moreShow less
Recent examples of our development law expertise includes advising:
- On the redevelopment of 50 Bridge Street (AMP Centre) and Young and Loftus Street precinct for AMP Capital being AMP’s building complex and headquarters in Circular Quay, Sydney.
- Mirvac on the development of the Old Treasury Building involving a complex overlay of financing, development, construction, stamp duty and income tax structuring and leasing and operating arrangements between multiple stake holders, all involving State significant infrastructure and a heritage listed building. Part of our work included helping to secure and redevelop an adjoining car park building from the Perth Anglican Diocesan Trust on a long term lease. We also advised Mirvac on its subsequent sale of 50% to Singapore-based Keppel Land.
- Project Grande (Guernsey) Ltd in respect of its development at One Hyde Park, Knightsbridge, considered one of most exclusive addresses in the world. The development comprises of 80 residential apartments and 3 retail units. The legal work has included the completion of a complex section 106 agreement with Westminster City Council (which provides for, amongst other contributions, off-site affordable housing), and various highways licences and agreements.
- AMB Prologis at every stage of the development process for five major distribution centres throughout France. This includes Rouen harbour, Le Havre, Isle-d’Abeau, Paris-Nord II and Bonneuil-sur-Marne.
- Tishman Speyer on its real estate development project in Jiangwan in Shanghai and on the acquisition of relevant land use rights.
- Associated British Foods (ABF) on its real estate development project in Langfang, Hebei and on relevant land use rights.
- Joint Venture between Lend Lease Europe and Quintain Estates for the regeneration of 'Greenwich Peninsula' - a 14 million sqft master planned community including 3.5 million sqft of commercial space and 10,000 new homes. British Land and Blackstone on the development of 5 Broadgate for UBS to use as its London headquarters.