At the forefront of equity capital markets to fuel your objectives
The reputation of our Equity Capital Markets team means we work on many of the world’s landmark transactions. For example, in 2013 and 2014, we have acted on over 80 IPOs for Chinese companies. Our work transcends borders. This includes acting for the underwriters on the recent flotation of Alibaba on the New York Stock Exchange – the largest-ever IPO in the history of the American capital markets and the largest internet company IPO in the world. In Australia, we are a major player too – for example, we acted on the largest IPO in Australia in 2014 – for Medibank Private on its listing on the Australian Stock Exchange, as well as acting for issuers in several complex listings.
What makes clients trust us on these flagship transactions? Our international ECM team combines a deep understanding of the relevant rules and regulations with in-depth market knowledge – acquired over many years of working at the cutting-edge of capital markets. This means we are able to develop innovative products and structures to help our clients to build their businesses and to obtain competitive advantage. Our team is actively involved in shaping the constantly changing regulatory environment, enabling us to anticipate issues in advance.
Much of our capital markets work involves multiple jurisdictions, requiring us to coordinate advice from both domestic and overseas specialists in order to deliver a seamless solution. We have a long history of working with companies during their life-cycle, both pre- and post-IPO, and have supported clients on IPOs on all the world’s major exchanges.
Show moreShow less
We advise new issuers, existing listed companies, sponsors, brokers and significant shareholders on:
- Initial public offerings (IPOs) on key markets
- Dual and secondary listings
- Secondary offerings, including placements, rights issues and open offers
- Other restructurings and reorganisations
- Corporate governance
- Shareholder activism
- Continuing listing obligations
- Private investment in public equity
Example of our work in equity capital markets include:
- US$25 billion initial public offering of Alibaba on the New York Stock Exchange – the largest-ever IPO in the history of the American capital markets and the largest internet company IPO in the world
- HKD$32 billion listing of Chongging Rural Commercial Bank on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- The underwriters on Wesfarmers’ AUD4.7 billion entitlement offer and placement
- AUD5 billion initial public offering of Medibank Private on the Australian Stock Exchange
- US$3.1 billion initial public offering of The People’s Insurance Company (Group) of China on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- US$3 billion initial public offering of China Everbright Bank Co Ltd on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- AUD1 billion initial public offering of Estia Health on the Australian stock exchange.
"The Equity Capital Markets team are pre-eminent on big ticket work."