Decades of experience in anti-counterfeiting
You cannot fake experience. With some of the best intellectual property litigators in Australia, our law firm has a long-standing and highly respected anti-counterfeiting and intellectual property enforcement practice.
We have been managing copyright and trademark anti-counterfeiting programmes for our clients for over 20 years and have extensive experience advising on and delivering the full range of anti-counterfeiting strategies.
Our anti-counterfeiting and IP enforcement expertise includes:
- Civil proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia and Federal Circuit Court
- Anton Piller seizure orders, Mareva asset freezing orders and “John Doe” orders
- Cease and desist letters leading to speedy, cost-effective undertakings and monetary settlements
- Liaising with prosecutors about criminal enforcement
- Anti-piracy and anti-counterfeiting strategies
- Customs registrations and seizures
- Anti-piracy campaigns and anti-counterfeiting advertising and publicity campaigns
- Marketplace monitoring and investigations
We have acted in several of the most significant anti-counterfeiting cases in Australia over the past two decades. These include a case resulting in the largest award of damages in an Australian anti-piracy case and a landmark decision on the accessorial liability of company directors for copyright infringement.
Clients who call on our advice include many major national and international brands in fashion, consumer goods, food and beverages, software and technology and retail.