Meet the lawyers behind the biggest deals in energy and utilities
From playing a role in each of Australia’s energy privatisations to the market's first ever top-hat scheme, our utilities and energy lawyers have been involved in some of the region’s most significant transactions in the energy and utilities sector.
Our expertise in energy and utilities law covers:
- Mergers and acquisitions, due diligence and joint venture arrangements
- Engineering and construction law
- Competition and infrastructure access issues
- Foreign investment issues
- Native title and cultural heritage
- Project approvals, environment and planning
- Project and corporate finance.
Our recent experience has included acting for the Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC) on rule change proposals. We advised them on policy issues, transmission pricing, future offset arrangements, review regimes, network access and NEM issues. This has given us an unrivalled understanding of the regulatory environment.