Amanda Beattie is a Special Counsel in the dispute resolution team specialising in commercial litigation, including class actions and regulatory investigations. Amanda has over 12 years’ experience in major litigation in both Australia and Hong Kong.
She advises clients across a broad range of sectors, including financial services, professional services and construction – in large and complex disputes in a number of State Supreme Courts and the Federal Court.
Amanda has also acted for clients in regulatory investigations conducted by ASIC and the ASX, as well as by the Hong Kong regulators, in connection with alleged breaches of director's duties, market manipulation and disclosure failures.
Prior to re-joining the Sydney office in 2017, Amanda spent over 5 years in Hong Kong. She is admitted to practice in both Hong Kong and Australia.
- Royal Commission - assisting clients that were the subject of case studies before the Financial Services Royal Commission
- Confidential bank – assisting with ASIC investigation in relation to alleged mis-selling of financial products
- Morgan Stanley - defence of a number of mis-selling proceedings commenced by former clients in both Australia and Hong Kong
- Confidential bank - representation of 3 senior employees in ASIC banning hearings
- Department of Defence: Team member assisting with the defence of two class actions against the Commonwealth of Australia. Her role includes assisting the preparation of expert witnesses, briefing counsel and preparation of advices.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers - defence of class action in relation to the collapse of Provident Capital Limited
- Brookfield Multiplex - assisting in defence of class action proceedings relating to Wembley National Stadium
- National Australia Bank – assisting in proceedings in respect of a film financing deal
- PricewaterhouseCoopers – acting for the technology consulting division in defending a claim for $60 million in relation to a software implementation project for a major government authority
- 2019: Special Counsel, King & Wood Mallesons
- 2017: Senior Associate, King & Wood Mallesons (Sydney)
- 2015 - 2017: Counsel, O’Melveny & Myers (Hong Kong)
- 2010 - 2014: Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques/King & Wood Mallesons (Sydney & Hong Kong)
- 2007 - 2010: Solicitor, Mallesons Stephen Jaques
- 2004 – 2007: Solicitor, Thompson Eslick Solicitors
- Australia - High Court - 11 April 2017
- Hong Kong - High Court - 16 June 2012
- Australia - NSW - Supreme Court - 18 February 2005
- Bachelor of Laws/Arts (Hons), Macquarie University – 2003