Tim Edwards is a partner in our Perth office where he specialises in mining, energy and resources work.
His experience includes negotiating, drafting and advising on a wide range of matters in the energy, resources and projects area, including in relation to sale and purchase agreements, joint venture arrangements, gas sale agreements, power purchase agreements, State Agreements and other mining and resources related documentation.
Tim has been recognised by the Legal500 as a ‘Next Generation Partner’ in the category of Energy (transactions and regulatory) and has also been listed as a leading individual for Natural Resources in Best Lawyers.
- AGL Energy: in relation to its acquisition of Perth Energy, a WA electricity and gas retailer and electricity generator.
- Newmont Corporation: on the US$800 million sale of its 50% interest in the WA Super Pit gold mine and associated assets to Northern Star Resources Limited.
- Aquila Resources: on the $430 million sale of its venture interest in the Isaac Plains Coal Joint Venture to Sumitomo Corporation.
- BHP: on the US$400 million sale of 50% of BHP Billiton’s interest in the Scarborough Joint Venture, and a 50% interest in the Thebe and Jupiter gas fields to Woodside, including drafting and negotiating three separate joint venture arrangements.
- State Solicitor's Office: on the Network Regulation project, involving the proposed transfer of the regulation of Western Power’s network to the national electricity regulatory framework.
- South32: on its multi-fuel cogeneration project and port and rail arrangements in Western Australia.
- BHP: in respect of its power arrangements in the North West of Western Australia, including drafting Power Purchase Agreements and related documentation and advising on applicable regulatory regimes.
- The Law Society of Western Australia
- AMPLA (Australian Mining and Petroleum Law Association)