Constructive and creative legal advice from experienced project finance lawyers
Our law firm’s expertise in project finance spans a wide range of industries. Our clients come from sectors including oil and gas, real estate, mining and metals, transportation, port construction, water treatment and other infrastructure and manufacturing sectors.
You would expect a project finance lawyer to be knowledgeable about the principles and application of Chinese law. Our lawyers certainly are. But they also have a deep understanding of the unique needs of our clients, enabling us to provide you with constructive and creative legal advice on project finance.
With one of the most experienced project finance teams in China, we represent the full spectrum of project participants. Our clients include lenders, underwriters, sponsors, project companies, contractors, government agencies, multilateral institutions and supranational organisations.
We advise them on all aspects of law relating to project finance, including:
- Establishing project companies
- Drafting due diligence as well as structuring the financing, drafting project documentation and closing
- Drafting the security documentation
- Environmental due diligence, risk analysis and compliance
- Engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts
- Fuel purchase and offtake arrangements
- Land use rights issues
- Tax issues including preferential tax treatment
- Foreign exchange controls
- Approvals, registrations and coordination with government authorities.