Few law firms in China have a dedicated team for anti-bribery and anti-corruption law
King & Wood Mallesons does. Our compliance team has access to a wealth of judicial and public prosecution experience. Our team comprise with lawyers with extensive experience in general compliance issues as well as in handling complex corruption and commercial bribery cases in central and provisional levels in China.
We are able to provide you with a comprehensive range of services. These include routine compliance advice on hospitalities; training and development; compliance due diligence, audits, reviews and recommendations; and representing you in commercial bribery investigations.
Fortune 500 experience
In recent years, our compliance team has worked with many Fortune 500 companies. We advise multinational and domestic companies across industries and sectors. Our clients include banks, securities houses, insurance companies, and trust companies. And we also advise the pharmaceutical, medical device, automotive, software, computer service, space and aeronautics, mobile communication, food and beverage, manufacturing and retail sectors.
Our services include:
- Developing and executing corporate anti-corruption and anti-commercial bribery compliance systems
- Providing legal opinions on anti-corruption and anti-commercial bribery issues and providing legal analysis as to whether actions and activities constitute violation of laws and regulations or a criminal act
- Advising clients on the investigation procedures of administrative and criminal investigation
- Representing clients in dealings with investigative authorities or other stakeholders
- Assisting with conducting internal or Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) investigations and associated legal advice
- Representing foreign companies and international lawyers in China in FCPA-related compliance investigations, reviews of relevant data and information, interviews with personnel and related actions
- Management training on PRC anti-corruption and anti-commercial bribery laws and regulations together with training on the client’s own internal rules and regulations.