Resolve your disputes effectively through international arbitration
Our law firm has extensive experience of international arbitration. We regularly represent clients in ad hoc or institutional arbitration before the world’s major arbitral institutions, applying institutional or United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) arbitration rules.
If you have chosen to resolve your China-related disputes through international arbitration, the depth and breadth of resources available to us mean we are perfectly placed to help. As our client, you benefit from a global team of specialist international arbitration lawyers in China, HK, Australia, Europe and the Middle East.
Our team have extensive experience of complex high-value arbitrations and of representing clients in arbitration proceedings before Chinese and international arbitration institutions in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, London, Switzerland, Paris and elsewhere. Because we understand the different cultural and business drivers that shape your strategy and that of the counter-parties, we can represent you more effectively.
Our practice is ranked in the first tier for PRC-related international arbitration by Chambers Asia. And several of our partners are among China’s leading individuals in Chambers and other arbitration publications.
Show moreShow less
We have represented both domestic and foreign clients as claimants or respondents in numerous international arbitration cases. Our clients include public authorities, state-owned enterprises, private companies and transnational groups.
We advise clients working in energy, construction, shipping, banking and finance, private equity, healthcare, carbon-credits trading, international sales of goods, high-tech, intellectual property and others on international arbitration law. This includes:
- Drafting arbitration agreements
- Legal and business-oriented strategies to resolve complex disputes
- Appearing as lead counsel in international arbitration proceedings
- Planning and implementing tactics designed to facilitate settlement
- Providing representation and assistance in negotiations
- Acting as arbitrator in international commercial arbitrations
- Obtaining investment protection against unfair and inequitable treatment, confiscation or destruction of assets and discriminatory treatment
- Investment treaty arbitration (such as before International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) and UNCITRAL tribunals)
- Representing clients before Chinese courts and administrative bodies in respect of investment treaty dispute resolution provisions applicable to China
- Recognition, execution and enforcement of international and foreign arbitration awards in China.