Our lawyers provide wide-ranging legal advice to the booming oil and gas industry
It is an exciting time to be at the heart of the oil and gas business in China. The country is on its way to becoming the largest energy importer in the world and we regularly advise the China oil majors and other clients on their energy needs.
Expertise across the supply chain
We provide a full range of legal services for all stages in the oil and gas supply chain. This includes upstream (exploration and production), midstream (storage and transportation), and downstream (fuels and lubricants as well as marketing and refining, and retail).
We regularly advise on a range of transactions including projects, equity, debt and project finance as well as mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and dispute resolution. In China we have a deep bench of talent so we can also provide the regulatory, employment, tax and environmental experts you need to achieve your objectives.
Show moreShow less
We advise Chinese state-owned enterprises, private companies, and international oil companies around the world on aspects of the law affecting all parts of the oil and gas commercial value chain These include:
- M&A (including M&A structures specific to the oil and gas industry such as farm-outs, participation agreements, production payments, net profit agreements, overriding royalty conveyances)
- Production sharing contracts
- Risk service agreements
- Concession agreements
- Oil and gas leases
- Joint venture agreements (including shareholder agreements)
- Area of mutual interest agreements
- Seismic partnerships
- Joint bidding contracts
- Joint operating agreements
- Unitisation agreements
- Drilling contracts
- Well services agreements (including master service agreements)
- Production handling agreements
- Engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts
- Lifting agreements
- Crude and gas sales agreements (including forward sales).
- Project structuring
- Cross-border pipeline projects
- Transportation agreements
- Master time charters
- Capacity marketing agreements
- Inter-connect agreements.
- Feedstock purchase agreements
- Product sales agreements
- Build own operate transfer agreements
- EPC contracts
- Energy conversion agreements and tolling agreements.