We offer essential advice for this fast-changing area of law
Developments surrounding climate change are raising new challenges for the business community in China. Our team is close to developments in environmental protection laws in China, and regularly advises on planning and environmental law issues.
You can access this expertise as a standalone legal service to real estate developers, project companies, companies developing new manufacturing or office sites, and hotels. We also provide environmental and planning support on transactions. Our national network of offices and deep expertise in this area mean we have good contacts with local government and regulators, something that is vital for providing advice such a complex and fast-moving area of law.
On the transactional side, our lawyers assist clients investing in new and existing clean energy technology projects – including renewable energy and clean fuels, as well as natural resource exploitation projects. We help clients design structures for investment, acquisition and finance in full consideration of the project’s environmental elements and energy-saving characteristics. This ensures smooth implementation and a good outcome.
Multinational corporations, state-owned enterprises, project companies, real estate developers and manufacturers benefit from our advice on:
- Investment in and financing transactions for renewable energy and clean energy (wind energy, solar energy, hydro energy and nuclear energy)
- Legislation and policies
- Soil remediation and river pollution prevention and control projects
- Corporate environmental protection compliance
- Ecology checks in corporate mergers and acquisitions
- Establishing environmental protection funds
- Trading carbon emission permits and emissions trading
- Civil infringement lawsuits, administrative lawsuits and public interest lawsuits in line with environmental protection.