In the complex world of Chinese real estate tax, our lawyers are there for you
Real estate transactions in China can trigger contentious tax issues and substantial tax costs, given the complexity of the transactions and the tax system. Our lawyers have a wealth of expertise of advising on complicated property tax issues and provide effective solutions to minimise your Chinese tax costs.
We act for a variety of clients on real estate investments, securitisations, joint ventures, establishing funds (both cross-border and domestic), initial public offerings (IPOs) for real estate companies, leasing structures and mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
Working alongside our law firm’s real estate experts, our tax lawyers provide advice on tax-effective structuring for real estate transactions and M&A involving property-rich companies.
Essential advice on real estate tax
Sophisticated real estate investors and funders rely on our astute tax and structuring advice for their transactions.
We advise real estate funds, financial investors, banks, multinational corporations and state-owned enterprises. Our real estate legal services include:
- Tax advice and planning for complex real estate transactions
- Tax advice on capital contribution by land and property
- Tax planning for entry into and exit from real estate projects
- Legal advice and tax planning for real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Assistance in structuring and tax planning for land acquisition, property leasing and disposal
- Tax compliance reviews for real estate development projects
- Tax planning and solutions for land value-added tax, business tax, deed tax and enterprise income tax for property investment and transactions.