Solve the problem and get the best outcome for your business
Disputes are an inevitable part of business. Whether you are involved in a commercial dispute, in financial litigation, under investigation, or simply keen to protect your business and ensure full compliance, we can help. Whatever the situation, our top priority is always to get the right outcome for you.
King & Wood Mallesons’ litigation lawyers in Spain are experts in all stages of disputes. To ensure we protect your interests, we always look at all the options, including mediation and arbitration – not just litigation. A thorough understanding of different business sectors ensures we can offer the best advice for your situation.
Wide-ranging legal advice
We advise on civil, commercial and criminal litigation disputes, corporate governance issues, company disputes, liability for damages proceedings, bankruptcy proceedings, competition law, intellectual property and national and international arbitration.
Our expertise in litigation and dispute resolution law includes:
- Dealing with conflicts between shareholders, challenging corporate resolutions, executing shareholder agreements and actions for damages against directors
- Industrial and intellectual property rights and unfair competition disputes
- Contractual and tort liability actions for professional activities and defective products
- Measures to prevent money laundering, bribery and corruption
- Enforcement proceedings, injunctions, tracking on assets, freezing orders and interim measures
- Financial markets and banking disputes
- Civil and commercial contractual breaches
- Insolvency and financial restructuring
- Contentious-administrative claims
- National and international arbitration disputes.
Show moreShow less
The clients benefiting from our Spanish dispute resolution and litigation team’s expert advice include private and listed companies, venture capital funds, investment banks, real estate, technology, energy and industrial companies.
Our recent work includes advising one of the largest European investment banks in proceedings arising from the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers, the Madoff fraud and the sale of structured products.
Other highlights includes advising:
- Major fund managers of private equity firms in arbitration and court proceedings relating to unfair competition laws and breaches of contract
- A large industrial company with a global presence, in criminal proceedings in which they were accused of several financial crimes and over challenging corporate resolutions
- One of the largest shipping groups in the world in arbitration proceedings before the International Chamber of Commerce
- One of the world's largest energy companies before several judicial bodies regarding contractual breaches derived from the sale of energy assets
- One of the largest real estate companies in Europe in several arbitration proceedings with regard to damages arising from construction and commercial defects
- Several private equity, real estate and technology companies on insolvency matters.
"Aside from their technical mastery, the team stands out for the personalised service and devoted attention to matters in the finest detail."
Financial sector client