Resolve your construction disputes efficiently and effectively
Our strategic legal advice identifies and minimises risk and disruption to your business. But sometimes in construction, disputes are unavoidable. Then you need our expertise in construction dispute resolution.
Having been on-the-ground in Hong Kong since the 1980s, we have a wealth of experience in the region. Drawing on this expertise, we work with you throughout the entire project life-cycle – from front-end construction, drafting and negotiating contracts, to back-end construction where disputes arise.
In a dispute, you benefit from our experience in all facets of major project dispute resolution, including mediation, conciliation and other alternative dispute resolution processes, as well as our experience in litigation, arbitration and adjudication. Many of our construction lawyers are accredited arbitrators and mediators with leading international arbitration and mediation institutions.
As our clients continue to expand their offshore presence, we draft dispute resolution clauses in cross-border transactions. We also help resolve disputes arising out of such transactions. Whatever the situation, you can rely on our law firm to handle your construction disputes efficiently and effectively.
Show moreShow less
Experience across Asia and beyond
Our team in Hong Kong has a considerable track record in back-end construction disputes both in Asia and beyond.
Recent work includes a high-profile construction arbitration for the Hong Kong Government. This was in relation to hundreds of individual claims valued at more than HK$1 billion resulting from a major viaduct project in Hong Kong. This was settled on favourable terms for the Hong Kong Government.
Other experience includes:
- HK$1 billion civil engineering infrastructure arbitration relating to major roadand associated works project against the Hong Kong Government
- HK$1.2 million arbitration against the Hong Kong government arising out of the construction of a Hong Kong Bridge
- US$1 billion arbitration on behalf of a leading design consultancy in China concerning the design and construction of a major financial district project in India
- HK$1 billion arbitration brought against an international contractor for alleged repudiation of a major contract for upgrading of one of Hong Kong’s most famous theme parks
- Multi-million dollar claim against the developer of a residential development at the Peak in a 13-day arbitration where we successfully recovered a substantial amount plus costs for our clients, reaching a settlement on the first day of the hearing
- HK$100 million dispute relating to the construction of public housing estates, including more than 30 claims covering various heads of loss.
"Widely acknowledged as Hong Kong's premier construction arbitration practice."