Realise your ambitions in one of the most dynamic commercial hubs in the world
Hong Kong is a world city, renowned for its financial and economic competitiveness, with one of the greatest concentrations of corporate headquarters in the Asia Pacific region. It’s an important centre for international finance and trade and we know it well. We know Hong Kong, and with our focus on Asia and deep China connections, we know how to help you realise your commercial ambitions in the region.
King & Wood Mallesons is here to help you make smart choices to shape your future business. In a cross-border dominated market, our lawyers offer international expertise and extensive experience in Asia, which combined with our strong PRC-qualified team marks us out as the law firm of choice when it comes to advising you on transactions and disputes in the region. This experience, coupled with being the only international legal network permitted to practise PRC law, means that we are uniquely positioned to advise clients on doing business in China.
In Hong Kong, we provide full-service legal advice on:
Market leading work
The clients we advise on all aspects of law include multinationals, investment banks, PRC state-owned enterprises and local businesses.
Highlights include advising on:
- CLP Power Hong Kong Limited’s issue of US$500 million perpetual subordinated guaranteed capital securities
- HK Electric’s landmark deal as borrower on a three-year HKD28.3 billion syndicated term loan facility and as guarantor on a three-year HKD8.7 billion syndicated term loan facility with HK Electric Investments Limited (HKEIL) as borrower
- Hong Kong Mortgage Corporation Limited’s (HKMC) issue of AUS$500 million floating-rate notes due 2017 under its US$6 billion MTN Programme – HKMC’s debut issue of kangaroo bonds in Australia
- Telstra’s sale of CSL New World to HKT Limited
- Sun Hung Kai Structured Finance Limited’s HK$600 million loan facility to Asia Financial Services Company Limited
- PetroChina International Investment (Australia)’s acquisition from BHP Billiton of an interest in the East Browse gas joint venture and the West Browse gas joint venture in offshore Western Australia
- Many of the largest construction arbitrations and mediations arising from major public and private projects in Hong Kong and the Asia region.
Our work has seen us named as the number one Most Innovative Law Firm Asia-Pacific in the Financial Times Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyers Awards 2014.
We also won the Corporate Citizenship Law Firm of the Year Award in the ALB Hong Kong Awards 2014 and the Family-Friendly Employers Award 2014 from the Hong Kong Government Family Council.
"A large firm that provides reliable, experienced and professional services."