Jonathan works with and advises a range of entities including investment banks, funds, insurance companies and corporates with respect to complex structured finance and derivatives transactions across the Asia Pacific region.
His practice includes advising on:
- equity, credit, fund-linked, FX and interest rate derivatives (including over-the-counter and listed/unlisted securitized products)
- equity financing and trade financing (both in loan and derivative formats)
- structured repos and securities loans
- structured credit transactions (including credit linked notes, CLOs and repackagings)
- regulatory matters (including margin for uncleared derivatives) and disputes
Jonathan is qualified in both England & Wales and Hong Kong.
Jonathan is recognised as a leading lawyer by major legal directories with clients remarking that he is "…an absolutely superb practitioner and as good a derivatives lawyer as I have worked with anywhere."
- An APAC based financial institution on a highly structured cross-border equity derivative financing transaction with a non-APAC sovereign wealth fund.
- An APAC based financial institution on a large and complex cross-border margin loan transaction with a middle east corporate guarantor.
- JLMs on a first to market high-yield debt/primary debt repackaging issuance for ReNew Power.
- A Europe based financial institution on structuring a cross-border leveraged synthetic equity investment in H-Shares of a PRC Bank for an onshore PRC client.
- An international investment bank on the issue of multiple series of structured repackaged notes including equity-linked notes and sovereign and corporate debt credit-linked notes.