As companies increasingly pursue a strategic global presence, the number of M & A cases has risen significantly both in Japan and abroad. M & A has become an important way to accelerate development and business expansion for companies. We have extensive experience in M & A and can help clients achieve their business goals by offering professional legal services in the following areas:
- M & A architecture design
- Legal due diligence
- Review and negotiation of various types of M & A contracts
- Responding to examination into concentration of undertakings
- Designing and implementing public tender offer plans, drafting of acquisition agreements, public acquisition reports and other necessary documents, and legal support for negotiation with related departments
- Providing legal advice on interim reports, reports on equity changes, and other rules stipulated in financial commodity trading laws, and on stock exchange rules, etc.
- Supporting the establishment of internal systems such as the corporate management system after mergers and acquisitions, and providing legal advice on internal measures
We have undertaken a large number of M & A transactions covering areas including finance (banks, financial commodity trading companies, financial leasing, etc.), manufacturing (automotive parts, electronic parts, clothing, etc.), chemical engineering (pharmaceuticals, chemical products, cosmetics, etc.), telecommunications (software development, game production, film production and distribution, etc.), construction, real estate, hotels and guesthouses, food, catering, and retailing.
With KWM’s global service network across China and other Asian countries, Australia, Europe, North America, and the Middle East, we offer one-stop legal services for M & A matters under multiple jurisdictions in Chinese, English, Japanese, and other languages.