We provide legal and business support to private equity funds in a range of areas including structuring transactions, drafting and negotiating the related contracts with counterparties and authorities as well as managing the disclosure of documents at each stage, for example: fund formation, merger and acquisition, strategic investment, management of the company after the initial investment and exit strategies.
Our lawyers possess an in-depth knowledge of private equity funds transactions and have extensive experience of assisting on activities such as:
- Fund formation (in Japan and overseas), legal advice on the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act as well as other applicable laws and regulations
- Mergers and acquisitions as well as investments (LBO, MBO、acquisition of stocks, CBs, etc.)
- Structuring and preparing disclosure documents for TOB, negotiation with authorities
- Management and roll-up of companies after investment
- Application of regulations, compliance issues
- Exit strategies (IPO、M&A)