Leading the market in the most complex and innovative derivative and structured finance solutions
Complex arrangements require an experienced team of multi-jurisdictional financial market, regulatory, litigation and tax specialists.
Bringing together experts across markets and geographies, our team provides clients with integrated advice and service. Advising across the full spectrum of derivative structured products, we have deep experience with structured and complex derivatives (including equity, fund linked, credit and commodity derivatives and carbon emissions trading), retail and wholesale structured financial market products (including derivative-linked notes), repos and securities loans, and advising on netting collateral, prime brokerage and international derivatives transactions and products.
We advise international and local banks, funds, investment managers and other financial institutions, as well as arrangers, trustees and end-users of derivative and structured products. We also advise governments, regulators, international clearing systems, central counterparties and markets including the international derivative industry body (ISDA) on netting and collateral matters in China and in Australia.
Most recently, our team has been working with clients on new developments in the global derivatives market, including the G20 global changes to derivatives regulation.
Show moreShow less
Our experience in the international derivative and structured product marketplace includes advising:
- On the creation of the Australian clearing house for over-the-counter derivatives, a direct response to the global G20 derivative reforms
- A number of financial institutions across Asia and Europe on the creation of retail and wholesale derivative linked products, such as warrants and certificates, to offer innovative pay-off profiles in an efficiently packaged product
- Governments and regulators and fund managers on entry into a range of derivative arrangements including futures arrangements, securities lending, repo transactions and equity and inflation-linked transactions
- Banks, funds, government bodies and corporates on vanilla and bespoke securities lending and repo transactions
- Clients in Europe and the Asia-Pacific on the implication and application of EMIR to their derivatives transactions (including advice on clearing documentation)
- Several banks in relation to disputes upon terminations of derivatives products
- Leading international financial institutions on corporate derivative transactions in relation to equity underlyings across the Asian emerging markets, such as China, Indonesia, Vietnam
- Various European issuers on a number of retail and wholesale certificate, structured notes (including credit linked notes) and warrants programmes offered in Europe, including Banca Antonveneta, bancApulia, Banca Italease, Cassa di Risparmio di San Miniato, Commerzbank, Deka Bank, DZ Bank, Landesbank Baden-Württemberg and UniCredit Bank.
"They have a broad spread of clients, and they own the Hong Kong warrants market."
"An encyclopaedic knowledge of the regulatory framework and the industry."
"The work done with regard to structured certificates and derivatives enjoys a top reputation amongst clients und receives high praise for the team's 'diligent approach and goal-oriented solutions even in the most complex matters."