We want to keep you one step ahead in financial disputes
In financial market disputes or business-critical regulatory issues, in-depth industry knowledge is fundamental to effective representation.
Our cross-border financial services litigation team works hand-in-hand with our financial markets and banking lawyers, bringing together technical expertise in legal and regulatory issues with experience representing major industry players in their counterparty disputes and regulatory investigations.
We provide you with commercially-focused legal advice with a keen eye on the ever evolving regulatory changes impacting on all financial market participants.
Our expertise in financial disputes
We advise international banks, hedge funds, private equity and investment funds, clearing houses and financial intermediaries and have a successful track record in every aspect of financial disputes.
The range of issues on which we are instructed includes:
- Regulatory enforcement actions by the financial regulators in each jurisdiction in which we operate, including high profile market abuse and client money investigations
- Investment management claims (mismanagement and contractual disputes)
- Alternative investment claims (private equity and hedge fund disputes)
- Mis-selling and breach of duty claims
- Structured finance and derivatives claims
- Custody, settlement, stock lending and clearing services disputes
- Equity issue disputes (including prospectus liability)
- Debt disputes, including syndication, acceleration and restructuring issues
- Bondholder and shareholder disputes and activism
- Judicial review of supervisory and regulatory decisions
- Regulatory disclosure and transparency issues
- Directors and Officers (D&O) and Errors and Omissions (E&O) coverage issues.
Show moreShow less
Selected examples of our experience in financial litigation include:
- Acting for a syndicate of eight international investment banks in London in connection with the default of a bank to take up its allocation of +€500 million of a syndicated loan facility
- Defending a major public company in shareholder class action proceedings in conjunction with its D&O insurers
- Representing a major investment bank in a dispute concerning its role under a tri-partite repurchase agreement and the collateral required in connection with trades exceeding US$250 million
- Acting for the insurer of all councils in the Australian state of Victoria in relation to the insurance and reinsurance issues arising out of the 2009 bushfires as well as acting for the insured councils at the Royal Commission
- Representing Agricultural Bank of China Limited in a derivative dispute with Lehman Brothers International
- Representing a major investment manager, its CEO and Compliance Officer in connection with a UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) investigation, including references to the Upper Tribunal.
"They are strategic, analytical, insightful, communicative, responsive and thorough, with great follow-through and delivery on outcomes."
"They take a client-driven approach, which combines a detailed strategic overview with intelligent aggression where needed."