Our legal advice gives you innovative, commercial and tax-efficient real estate financing
Whether you are looking to finance a world-class development or carry out complex portfolio acquisitions and divestments, we can help. Combining real estate industry knowledge with finance expertise in one team gives us a strategic, balanced perspective. Because we understand the institutions and how they work, we give you commercially viable and realistic advice – whether you are a borrower or a lender, fund or bank, developer or investor.
Our law firm is regularly called on to manage property-related initial public offerings, transactions and projects. Clients come to us because of our multi-party experience that includes financial institutions, real estate investment trusts, fund managers, investors and developers.
The areas of real estate finance law can help you on include:
- Managing risk
- Development and investment
- Sources of funding and terms available
- Structuring, pricing, hedging, securitising and packaging of evolving real estate financings.
Show moreShow less
Our work highlights include acting for:
- OCBC - financing of Australand / LaSalle joint venture for the development of Clemton Park, Sydney
- Terra Firma on the acquisition of Annington Homes from Nomura. Annington, which owns the Ministry of Defence’s Married Quarters Estate, comprising approximately 40,000 properties. The enterprise value is c £3.2 billion
- AXA Real Estate Investment Managers on the financing by EuroHypo AG of the acquisition and redevelopment of the former James Capel Building at 6 Bevis Marks in the City of London. The borrower vehicle is a joint venture vehicle with MGPA
- Matrix-Securities Ltd in relation to the refinancing of MEREIT's €308,487,222 credit facility arranged by Bank of Scotland. The refinancing included changes to the facility agreement, foreign currency and interest rate swaps, and local security arrangements
- Citibank and its domestic subsidiary on a real estate acquisition financing project, where DBS Beijing Branch provided an RMB loan to the borrower to purchase a real estate project in the PRC
- Hypo Real Estate Capital Hong Kong Corporation Limited on a real estate acquisition financing project, where the lender provided a USD loan to the wholly foreign invested enterprise established by Merrill Lynch Group to acquire Tower C of Beijing Yintai Building.
"They're very organised as a firm. They feed back to us and let us know where we are in proceedings and turn things around quickly. They give straight, sensible advice on implications for us as a client."