Unlocking opportunities, across borders, in the world’s growth markets
We provide expert legal assistance on cross-border transactions. We help investors to finance, negotiate, structure, and secure regulatory approvals for, transactions. This includes private treaty M&A transactions and major supply contracts.
Clients looking to unlock investment opportunities in China benefit from our insight. With more than 1,000 lawyers in China, you’ll have access to unrivalled depth of capability, on-the-ground experience, and local knowledge. We regularly advise on the business models available for investing in China, the issues facing foreign investors, and how to protect your investments.
Our capability does not stop in China. We can also connect Asian investors with the rest of the world through our network of 27 offices globally. Our unified approach means we know how to manage cross-border investments in a seamless, consistent manner – you benefit from outstanding client service. In jurisdictions where we do not have offices, we have established sound working relationships with top law firms and local counsel.
Show moreShow less
Example matters include advising:
- Weichai Power, a dual-listed Hong Kong and Shenzhen automotive and equipment manufacturing company, on its €738 million equity investment in German forklift truck manufacturer, KION Group. This was the largest-ever direct investment by a Chinese company in Germany. Named as “2013 Outbound Deal of the Year” by China Law & Practice. We then advised on the subsequent exercise of its call options to increase its equity stake in KION Group to 30% of the total issued shares, after KION Group listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- Daimler AG and Daimler Northeast Asia Ltd on an agreement with BAIC Motor Corporation Ltd and its parent company Beijing Automotive Group Co, Ltd under which Daimler AG invested RMB 5.13 billion for a 12% stake in BAIC Motor by way of share subscription. BAIC Group is one of the five largest conglomerates in the Chinese auto industry
- Environmental Resources Management on its USD$950 million acquisition by Charterhouse Capital from Bridgepoint
- Goodman Group and Goodman Hong Kong Logistics Fund on its acquisition of a majority interest in DP World Asia Limited for USD$450 million and the formation of a co-ownership arrangement with DP World
- China Molybdenum on its successful competitive bid for 80% interest in Northparkes copper mine (Australia) from Rio Tinto for AUD820 million
- Johnson & Johnsonon its RMB$2.3 billion acquisition of 100% interests in Beijing Dabao Cosmetics Co., Ltd.
- Financiers for China Minmetalson its AUD1.4 billion acquisition from Oz Minerals
- China Merchants and Hastings Fund Managementon its successful bid for Port of Newcastle
- Lloyds Banking Group on the disposal of its integrated finance business, comprising 43 companies.