We help find different ways to resolve your disputes
We focus our dispute resolution advice on enabling you to develop alternative dispute resolution strategies and achieve high-quality non-litigious outcomes where appropriate.
To be effective, alternative dispute resolution (ADR) should be about emphasising resolution through constructive, creative and practical advice. ADR is part of our DNA.
Our ADR lawyers are known for their adaptability to changing circumstances and can help you find ways of achieving favourable outcomes and settlements in the face of seemingly entrenched positions.
We represent a wide variety of corporate and financial clients across a broad range of industry sectors and in a number of jurisdictions on alternative dispute resolution options and tactics including:
- As advocates in mediations or conciliations (often involving multiple parties)
- Advising in and conducting expert determinations
- Acting in Early Neutral Evaluations
- Acting in arbitrations as counsel or arbitrator pursuant to a variety of arbitration rules and in a number of jurisdictions.
We recognise that litigation and arbitration are expensive and destructive of business relationships. We use them where we need to, but will always look for the process or combination of processes that our experience includes:
- Successfully representing six corporate clients in a mulit-party mediation over six days in a £100 million dispute in the gas and electricity sector
- Using a retired High Court judge in an Early Neutral Evaluation to provide a non-binding opinion on the merits, following a mini-trial. The dispute centred on the construction of a clause in an agreement between parties who wanted to continue their business relationship
- Expert determinations on completion accounts following M&A transactions
- Using “baseball arbitration” to determine the costs outcome of a dispute
- Resolving multiple disputes in the construction and infrastructure sectors through mediation and early neutral evaluation.
"They are strategic, analytical, insightful, communicative, responsive and thorough, with great follow-through and delivery on outcomes."