We deal with partnership disputes for private equity, hedge funds and asset management funds
As our client, you benefit from our law firm’s international experience in partnership disputes. That means you get favourable outcomes but it also means you get strategic advice that adds value in all areas.
Our cross-departmental team of private equity and partnership dispute resolution lawyers, the first of its kind, is made up of specialists in this area. Our track record in establishing limited partnership structures for private equity clients, advising on new fund structures or developing innovative solutions to accommodate tax and regulatory change, means we are at the forefront of innovations in partnership structuring and restructuring and of partnership dispute cases.
We draw on our international team to offer legal advice on partnership disputes, including:
- Internal partnership and joint venture disputes
- Corporate governance
- Internal investigations
- Regulatory risks and investigations
- Asset ring-fencing
- Insolvency-related issues
- Compliance and risk reduction strategies
- Acquisition and disposal disputes
- Warranty and completion accounts claims
- General partner removal
- Investor defaults.
Show moreShow less
Our recent experience includes advising:
- In connection with the limited liability partnership agreements for various hedge fund, private equity, real estate and debt fund managers
- Mid-market fund regarding the right of management contract. We also acted for the remaining management on contentious matters, one with focus fund in central Europe and the other in relation to an eastern European fund
- On implementing changes to profit allocations to partners, the strategy for agreeing these and the documentation required
- On risk reduction within partnership structures, including putting in place procedures in response to recent international compliance requirements and environmental, social governance policies
- Limited liability partnership agreements for various hedge fund, private equity, real estate and debt fund managers. This has involved drafting the limited liability partnership agreements, advice on the governance structure, leaver and joiner provisions, incentivisation arrangements.
"The excellent King & Wood Mallesons maintains a market-leading disputes practice. The team is noted for its impressive professionalism and expertise."