We help you bring your exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and Listed Funds to market
Our lawyers establish and bring to market ETFs and Listed Funds on exchanges around the world. With King & Wood Mallesons, you get a law firm that combines industry expertise with technical expertise in capital markets.
Our listed investment funds group specialises in leveraging its know how across a broad range of asset classes together with its Equity Capital Markets expertise to provide tax-efficient listed fund structures that appeal to investors.
We are extremely well versed in guiding private fund managers on their first IPOs, translating our deep understanding of their existing offerings into listed products as smoothly as possible. Aside from listing investment companies, this also includes adding listed products to otherwise private fund structures.
With a full range of specialist lawyers across our international offices, we deploy innovative structures,take a pragmatic approach to a rapidly shifting regulatory environment multi-jurisdictional tax issues to get to market as quickly as possible. We have excellent relationships with, and have acted for a number of, major and mid-market sponsors, brokers and fund administrators. This enables us to anticipate and resolve issues before they impact upon the transaction and timetable.
Show moreShow less
Our legal advice covers all aspects of funds, including:
- New issues
- Pre-flotation planning
- Secondary issues including tap issues and "C" share issues
- Corporate governance
- Tender offers
- Shareholder activism
- Winding up.
Work highlights include advising:
- ICG-Longbow Senior Secured UK Property Debt Investments Limited on its £104.6 million placing and admission to the Official List and to trading on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange
- On the listing of Westfield Corp
- Allco Finance Group on its establishment, debt financing and listing on the Singapore Exchange of the US$437 million Allco Commercial REIT
- UBS and DBS as underwriters of CapitaMall Trust’s S$400 million and S$413 million secondary offerings
- On the IPO and listing of GDI Property Group
- On the IPO, listing and rights issue of Australian Industrial REIT
- State Street Bank & Trust Co Cross Listing of SPDR US500 on ASX AQUA platform (US $168 billion of assets).
"Breadth of knowledge about private funds area extremely good - they are on top of the brief right across the space."