Led by banking and finance partner John Shum, our Singapore Banking & Finance practice consists of a team of experienced international lawyers who are well positioned to advise on cross-border financing and restructuring transactions in Greater China, South-East Asia and Australia.
The team’s practice includes:
- Syndicated financing
- Corporate financing
- Leveraged and acquisition financing
- Real estate financing
- Project financing
- Fund financing
- Share-backed financing
- Trade financing
Acquisition and Leveraged Finance
- Qingdao Haier Co., Ltd in connection with the US$3.3 billion term loan facility provided by China Development Bank Corporation to finance its US$5.4 billion acquisition of the appliance business of General Electric. The deal was named “Cross-border M&A Deal of the Year” by The M&A Advisor International Awards 2017.
- HSBC, Hong Kong Branch and JP Morgan Chase Bank N.A., Singapore Branch on a EUR370 million term loan to a subsidiary of Philippines-listed liquor producer Emperador Inc. for the acquisition of a European-based beverage business.
General Bank Finance
- A group of 15 banks in a US$850 million financing to a resources group in Indonesia.
- Cathay United Bank Co., Ltd. in connection with US$78million mutli-tranche facility to PT Pusaka Jaya Palu Power an independent power producer in Indonesia for refinancing and corporate restructuring purposes.
- CMB Wing Lung Bank, Limited in relation to a US$1.125 billion equivalent dual-currency term loan facility to Far East Horizon Limited arranged by, among others, Wing Lung Bank, Limited.
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore Branch as Offshore Collateral Agent and Account Bank with respect to the US$230 million limited recourse project finance loan from Export Development Canada to PSN Enam, a special purpose vehicle affiliate of PT Pasifik Satelit Nusantara, for the development and launch of the PSN VI telecommunications satellite.
- PT Bajradaya Sentranusa, an Indonesian independent power producer, in connection with a US$280 million secured refinancing by IFC and other lenders of the 180 MW run-of-river Asahan hydroelectric power project. This deal won the “2015 Asia-Pacific Multi-sourced Deal of the Year” award by IJGlobal Magazine.
Real Estate Finance
- China CITIC Bank International Limited Singapore Branch in connection with the financing of a US dollar equivalent of approximately S$435 million term loan facility guaranteed by Fullshare Holdings Limited for the acquisition of commercial real estate in Singapore.
- Singapore- and Hong Kong-based financial institutions on a US$49 million syndicated term loan to repay existing construction loans and for financing a mixed-use real estate development enterprise in Wuxi, Jiangsu province. The transaction included an onshore “placeholder” loan.
- Charter Hall on the creation and implementation of a standard form of bilateral facility agreement, syndicated facility agreement and security documents across 15 property funds.
- Standard Chartered Bank on a A$175 million secured syndicated facility with ESR.
- Charter Hall in connection with its co-ownership interest in the acquisition of Chifley Tower, Sydney.
- Logos and its Sponsors on cross-border property acquisitions and debt facilities.
- DBS Bank on their facilities with various Australia real estate investment funds.
 Includes experience prior to relevant team members joining King & Wood Mallesons